To go to Las Vegas, I took a plane. It took three hours to get there
My friend took a bus to Las Vegas. It took her 16 hours to get there.
The red pattern (Person + take + vehicle) tells HOW a person got to a place.
- They took a bus to Seattle.
- I take my bike to work.
- He will take a car to the beach.
The blue pattern (It + take + time) tells HOW LONG a journey lasts.
- It takes me 15 minutes to drive to work.
- It took her 12 hours to fly home.
- It will take just five minutes to walk there.